Does your website have landing pages with an abysmal conversion ratio? It may be time to revolutionize your approach to online marketing!
If you have a business that conducts its transactions online in 2019, optimizing your sales funnel will take you from zero to one hundred at lightning speed.
Bear in mind that the average attention span of an internet user is about 7 seconds. That time constraint alone coaxes you to create actionable headlines and copy so as to persuade the consumer to make a purchase in as little time as possible.
That begs the question; How does one create a well-optimized sales funnel? In this article, I address that and also explore how to build sales funnels in ClickFunnels.
The Almighty Sales Funnel: A Journey From Prospect to Lead
When wielded well, a sales funnel is one of the most powerful tools in online marketing. So what converts a prospect into a lead? Let’s first try to understand a consumer’s journey through the funnel to answer that question.
There are four major pit stops along the funnel that largely sway your prospect’s decisions and buying behaviour;
Awareness: At this stage, you bring awareness to your product or service by using suitable bait. What are you offering? An e-book? Free shipping? A webinar? Once you’ve caught their eye and introduced what you have on offer, it’s onto the next step.
Interest: This is when you generate interest in your offerings. Why should a prospect care about your company? To them, you’re just another face in the crowd. Developing interest ties in with developing a bond with the consumer. Most marketers use email correspondences to generate interest – an approach that plays out over time.
Decision: A consumer’s decision is swayed by a number of factors, not the least of which are testimonials, social media engagement, word-of-mouth and so on. Getting them to purchase from you ultimately rests on creating real value over a period of time.
Action: To buy is to take action. Here, your customer finds themselves at the bottom of the sales funnel on the verge of making a decision – this serves as a litmus test of the effectiveness of your marketing tactics.
Apart from attempting to get them to purchase a single product, you might also want to consider up-selling, or alternatively, down-selling, in case their interest in that product has wavered.
As seen above, creating a funnel isn’t simply a matter of mapping out a marketing plan, but rather, creating a value-added storytelling experience for each consumer.
ClickFunnels: Your Wingman in Online Marketing
Now that we’ve grasped the basics of the consumer’s journey in the sales funnel, let’s talk about how best to optimize the funnel so as to influence the best outcome. ClickFunnel sales funnels are the solution to enhance your online marketing efforts.
Creating a sales funnel sans a landing page software is challenging. It could cost you thousands of dollars and a significant setup time when you don’t use a good platform.
ClickFunnels is a drag and drop interface that lets you build smart and effective sales funnels within minutes instead of days or weeks!
- You can host all your pages and funnel stages on the software to accommodate consumers that enter at different stages of the funnel
- It allows you to have 20,000 unique visitors every month at any stage of the funnel
- You can create effective landing pages with the drag-and-drop interface
- The software is versatile and accommodates any kind of product, service or information
- It lets you choose from several pre-constructed professional themes with many more available for purchase
- You can split-test between two pages/offers and receive real-time results about the efficacy of each
- OTO pages, order bumps, one-click, up-sell and down-sell are made possible in just a handful of steps
- ClickFunnels can be integrated with the most popular APIs to set up payments, email automation and more
- The software also lets you track page traffic stats and conversions easily
- Besides incorporating as many opt-in contacts as you like, ClickFunnels is totally SEO-friendly
The software essentially focuses on smart sales funnels that convert – all available at your fingertips from an easy-to-use dashboard. The best part is that you don’t have to be a designer or coder to create an impactful landing page. Even non-technical folk can easily interact with the software’s drag-and-drop interface.
Bottom line? Not only will you be tapping into high-conversion sales funnels, but you will also create a very loyal customer base.